Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pre-trib, Mid-trib, Post-trib Rapture??

I have believed in a pre tribulation rapture for as long as I can remember. So I invite everyone to comment with their views. What I challenge you to do when reading this, is to forget what everyone has told you and only read the scripture. What does it say? 

I am still studying the scripture but when I started reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John again, I started thinking I could have been wrong this entire time. What if everything I was taught was wrong and the answer was always there, staring me in the face.

Matthew 24 starts with Jesus on the Mount of Olives.. His disciples ask him what would be the signs of the end and his second coming? Matthew 24: 4-26, Luke 21: 8-26, Mark 13: 5-25, gives us in detail the signs to watch for before he returns. I'm starting to think that I didn't read any farther then that, or I was blinded but what I have been told or what I wanted to believe because the next few verses blew me away.

Matthew 24:
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Mark 13:
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
Luke 21:
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

I also thought that Verse 36 was very interesting..
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
I wonder why he would say that to Christians if they were not going to be around for the tribulation period.. 
In 1 Thessalonians 4:16 it describes the second coming of Jesus with a  "Great Shout" and the Trump of God..Doesn't that mean everyone will hear it?
1 Thessalonians 4:
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The reason I ask this question is because if he came in secret to gather his church, why would there be a shout or a trumpet?
Then in verse 17 it says that " Then we which are alive and remain" shall be caught up together.
I cant help but read the scripture and take it at its word. God's word.. Every verse I have read here points to all Christians that are alive at the start of the tribulation, will indeed 
The last verse I am going to share with you before closing this post is,
Revelation 1
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
"EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM"
If we are talking about a rapture that happens where everyone disappears and only the non believers are left for the tribulation.. Then why would he need to come back at the end of the tribulation to gather his elect..
Elect: In Hebrew means Christians
I have one more thought for you.. Matthew 24:7
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
God destroyed the entire earth by water and did not rapture out Noah and his family.. Instead he protected them.. 
What makes us think we are worthy enough to escape the tribulation? No where in scripture did God take anyone out of the trial or tribulation but instead stood with them, guided them and protected them. 
Think about it..

No comments:

Post a Comment